Friday, July 3, 2009

new stuff

Got a new computer, so I can write at home now. Spending my day off in style. I slept until 10:00, the went to the feed store for chicken, duck, cat, and dog food, then spent some time outside with the girls gathering loose feathers for a bit. Now I have a nice selection of feathers of various sizes. They started blocking all the good sites at work, so I can't post there anymore or do anything good. Well, except read Wikipedia. That's something at least. I've sighned up for a few swaps on Swap-bot, for the first time in I can't remember how many months. One is a street art sticker swap that I'm actually getting a bit excited about. You have to send 5 stickers to three different people, but you can send more. I've got a box of 2 X 4 stickers at work and I'm thinking of printing out something in a black and white, then coloring in with Sharpies. I've been having a lot of idead lately, some odd, some not. I had that dream again, the one where i win the lottery. I wake up thrilled to death, then remember that it's not real. A big downer, to say the least. If I ever did win the lottery, I wonder if I would dream about going to work?
I stopped at Jerry's and got a nice set of very fine line pens and I've been sketching a bit. I won an eBay auction for a scanner, but it has no cords. I'm going to wait until it getshere and take a look at it, see if I can tell what kind of cord it needs. It was only $10, so no big loss. I've been thinking, which is never really a good thing. There are things I wouls like to do that I never do, I'm stuck in this rut that is building walls around me. One of those things is "go toa convention" The closest one to me in ConCarolinas, which is not until next June. I want to go.It's in High Point, so it's not that far,and it's only a three-day, so I would not have to miss a lot of work. If I like it, I'll plan a trip to one of the bigger cons, like DragonCon down in Atlanta. Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment