Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hello Out There!

Well, I have finally joined the electronic age. Kicking and screaming, but here I go. I have succumbed and joined the world wide gossip network. Now creepy nerds all over the globe can see if I prefer paper or plastic bags when I go grocery shopping.( Cloth, actually. I made them myself.) As if there is anyone out there among the voyeurs who cares about my life. Let’s start the sharing, shall we?
I am a woman, on the narrowing gap between twenty nine and thirty and live in a RV that is currently parked in my sister’s driveway that I share with one blue cat, Simon Jester. Hence the screen name. So far I’m a peach, right? Well, I don’t have an extra toe or anything, but like everyone I have problems. Not that I’m going to spill my guts to the faceless and as yet imaginary hordes of readers. I like toys and cartoons, notably The Nightmare Before Christmas, Justice League, and other DC animated shows you can find on Boomerang. I like to cook but rarely do, since there is just me to feed ( I do make a yummy sourdough bread, though). I like taking pictures with my digital camera, but the result is often bland and boring. I have an irrational fear of breaking a bone, and associated fears of heights, roller coasters, and pretty much any mildly dangerous activity. I also have a fear of geese, but that’s from a childhood accident. I love vending machines, Cabot’s Seriously Sharp Cheddar, children’s hairpins, and the color blue. Recently I have discovered Dungeons and Dragons and delight in constructing elaborate traps and dungeons. I think my next one will have pirates in it. I plan on stopping after work to purchase the newest Futurama movie and watch it through twice, the second time with the commentary track playing. I am an absolute fool for commentary tracks. I become very annoyed if I rent or buy a movie and it does not have one. Currently I am working my way through the extended version of the LOTR trilogy and using a different commentary tract each time. My favorites are The Simpsons and Futurama, which are hilarious. Almost as good as the shows themselves.
I can knit, but only barely, sew, crochet, and embroider, but my true love is sculpture. I love getting my hands on a good lump of squishy stuff and turning it into something else. For my little nieces, this is better than TV. Playing with "P’ay-Doh" involves getting me to make various animals on demand, which are quickly squished by "accident" so that I can make another one. Kind of like a clown making balloon animals. I also doodle, making loopy shapes that swirl around each other, when I’m bored. I have phases that I go through, where I become increasingly interested in something nearly to the point of obsession, and then lose almost all interest in it. This process can last anywhere from a few days to months or years. Just part of the wonderful ride that is my life. Such as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment